javd

...

What a to do to die today At a quarter or two to two. A terrible difficult thing to say But a harder thing still to do. The dragon will come at the beat of the drum With a rat-a-tat-tat a-tat-tat a-tat-to At a quarter or two to two today, At a quarter or two to two.

Fluent in 3 Months: How Anyone at Any Age Can Learn to Speak Any Language from Anywhere in the World
Benny Lewis
Lisa Goldstein
A Walk in the Woods
Bill Bryson
Gulliver's Travels
Jonathan Swift, Robert DeMaria Jr.
SPOILER ALERT!

The Queen of the Damned

The Queen of the Damned - Anne Rice I wasn't sure if I should rate this book two stars or three. Then I realized that despite the silliness, the pointlessness of some of the characters included, the occasional disjointed and messy feel of the book, and some boring chapters that seemed to take forever to get through, I liked it. Actually, I found myself liking some parts quite a lot and enjoying being back in the world of Rice's vampires and learning more of their history. It's unfortunate that Lestat became more annoying to me in this book than he ever was before, because I really liked him in the first and even the second book in the series. I have a feeling he's only going to get worse in the next books. Thankfully, I liked most of the other characters, except Baby Jenks (ugh!), and they were what kept me engrossed in the story. The ending was a bit of a disappointment, though.

I feel hesitant about continuing the series now. I want to read more of what happens to these characters, but I have a feeling that the more Anne Rice books I read the less I'll like them. That and I already had moments reading this book where Anne Rice's style of writing became incredibly tedious to read. Something tells me I should stop while I'm still enjoying the ride; I know I won't, though, not yet anyway.